"Father, What do I do when You don't show up the way I thought You would?"
"My beloved child, carefully consider this: if you don't change your beliefs, your life will be the same forever. I realize that the life of faith I call you to live can, at times, be very disillusioning. Yet there is hope. There is life after a shattered dream. After several of them. My Word and My Promises are clear on this:
"The suffering won't last forever. It won't be long before [I] tghis generous God who has great plans for us in Christ - eternal and glorious plans they are - will have put you together and on your feet for good. He get's the last word - yes I do". [1 Peter 5:10]
Just because Plan A has come to a sudden stop doesn't mean that I am finished with your life! I have not been caught by surprise. I already have Plan B in motion. And far more times than not Plan B turns out to far exceed the treasures you thought you had in Plan A.
Here's what you do:
- Move past the feelings of crisis, panic fear, paralysis and over control
- Don't run. Lean toward Me instead of panicking.
- Resist the urge to give up. Continue waiting upon Me to act.
- See Me in your circumstances - even when I don't seem to be there.
- Make peace with doubt.
- Ask the right questions in order to find real, satisfying answers.
- Exploer the relationship between shattered dreams and true spiritual transformation.
- Don't isolate yourself away from people and relationships. Find hope through the redemptive power of community.
Despite what your circumstances are telling you, I am for you! I am there!!"